Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Club Episodes 03.22.2010



The big homie, Rico, along with Big Stacks Promotions, has been giving local rap acts a place to hone their skills here in Tallahassee every Monday for the past few months. They hold a talent showcase/open mic event at Club Episodes on Pensacola Street. I've stopped by a few times to show love and get more local acts on the Enigma Sept Hour. Last Monday, I decided to throw my hat in the ring.

I was nervous. More than I wanted to be. After nearly two years of the Enigma Sept Hour I still get butterflies, but this was a lot more. It was my second performance without Raven October (other than some freestyle battles. Shouts out to the old Beta Bar). Rico called me to the stage and called me an "850 vet". I felt a level of respect despite not putting in as much work as some other acts in the city.

I was nervous until the beat drop. It's like an out-of-body experience. That person who couldn't keep his right hand from shaking disappears. You are a machine who's sole purpose is to rock the party...or club..or whatever. I envisioned myself rocking at a MTV Spring Break concert. That explains why I'm hopping around everywhere. Don't judge me.

After the performance, I felt like I won the first game of the season. I believe I was nervous because it had been two years since the last time I performed. It was like riding a bike.

Shouts out to my boy Dermo for playing Spliff Star and burning a copy of the song on the CD (Dell sucks!). Thanks to the one Noweezy for showing the kid some support. Last, but not least, much respect to all the artists that came out that night and every night. It takes a lot of determination to make it in this game on any level.

You can check me and Dermo rockin' the crowd at the 12-minute mark.

R U Not Entertained?!

No comments:

Post a Comment